The rules are:
- Post your favorite quote to your blog by midnight on Saturday March 31st, in an entry entitled "Quirky Quote Qontest Entry" and link to it using "Mr. Linky" below.
Your quote may be from anywhere - a song, movie, book, famous speech. The quote can be political, religious, politically incorrect, and otherwise controversial - but please keep it family friendly. (Hey - my kids and friends kids occasionally read this blog! They are usually bored to tears - but sometimes they read and even comment!) The quotes do not have to be quirky as the contest name suggests.
- PLEASE READ OTHER ENTRIES PRIOR TO SUBMISSION - the second submission of same quote will not be eligible.
- I will host a voting time from April 1st – 6th – so come back and vote for your favorite quotes.
- Post on your blog and put up a button if you like about the “qontest” and tell others to come and enter – if they comment here (on this post) and mention that you sent them I will add another point to your entry and tally it as another vote.
- You may enter this contest twice - every other contest says only once, but why be like the rest! So a two quote limit for you - but please post them as separate entries for my sake!
- Contest winner will be announced on Saturday, April 7th.
I'll get you started with my current favorite quote from the movie Man of the Year:
I have a glorious love-hate relationship with TV. TV scares me. It makes everything seem credible. If everything seems credible, then nothing seems credible. TV puts everybody in those boxes side by side. On one side, there’s this certifiable lunatic that says the holocaust never happened, and next to him is this noted, honored historian who knows all about the holocaust, and now there they sit, side by side. They look like equals. Everything they say seems to be credible – and so as it goes on nothing seems credible anymore. We just stop listening!
-Man of the YearIf you have any questions about this contest please comment here or send me an email at julientexas at sbcglobal dot net.
PLEASE BE SURE TO USE MR. LINKY TO LINK TO THE CONTEST ENTRY POST - AND NOT JUST TO YOUR BLOG IN GENERAL. IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING TO HUNT THESE ENTRIES DOWN! THANKS