21 March 2007

A Contest for All Bloggers

When Goofy Girl got my template looking all spiffy, I got so excited that I wanted to share the love. I talked it over with her and she is giving me a price break on a jazzy new template for the winner of my very first ever contest! My new friend Fatty inspired the idea because I found that she collects quotations too - we'll have a quotation contest!

The rules are:

  1. Post your favorite quote to your blog by midnight on Saturday March 31st, in an entry entitled "Quirky Quote Qontest Entry" and link to it using "Mr. Linky" below.
    Your quote may be from anywhere - a song, movie, book, famous speech. The quote can be political, religious, politically incorrect, and otherwise controversial - but please keep it family friendly. (Hey - my kids and friends kids occasionally read this blog! They are usually bored to tears - but sometimes they read and even comment!) The quotes do not have to be quirky as the contest name suggests.
  2. PLEASE READ OTHER ENTRIES PRIOR TO SUBMISSION - the second submission of same quote will not be eligible.
  3. I will host a voting time from April 1st – 6th – so come back and vote for your favorite quotes.
  4. Post on your blog and put up a button if you like about the “qontest” and tell others to come and enter – if they comment here (on this post) and mention that you sent them I will add another point to your entry and tally it as another vote.
  5. You may enter this contest twice - every other contest says only once, but why be like the rest! So a two quote limit for you - but please post them as separate entries for my sake!
  6. Contest winner will be announced on Saturday, April 7th.
The winner will be notified and put in contact with Goofy Girl to get your template tweaked! She said she would do a 2 or 3 column template - and she is a dream to work with. She is a med student by day and a jazzy template spiffer-upper by night! I know whoever wins will enjoy it so much!

I'll get you started with my current favorite quote from the movie Man of the Year:

I have a glorious love-hate relationship with TV. TV scares me. It makes everything seem credible. If everything seems credible, then nothing seems credible. TV puts everybody in those boxes side by side. On one side, there’s this certifiable lunatic that says the holocaust never happened, and next to him is this noted, honored historian who knows all about the holocaust, and now there they sit, side by side. They look like equals. Everything they say seems to be credible – and so as it goes on nothing seems credible anymore. We just stop listening!

-Man of the Year

If you have any questions about this contest please comment here or send me an email at julientexas at sbcglobal dot net.

Happy Quoting!

PLEASE BE SURE TO USE MR. LINKY TO LINK TO THE CONTEST ENTRY POST - AND NOT JUST TO YOUR BLOG IN GENERAL. IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING TO HUNT THESE ENTRIES DOWN! THANKS

37 comments:

  1. Oh I soooooo want a jazzy new template that is more me. Mine so plain! Something with pizazz! Now, if I didn't have to pick just one quote! Do I get a prize if I post the most quotes???? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I collect quotes, too. I have two huge text files full of them. I have so many favorites ... I'm not sure how I'll pick. Wish I could enter 200 times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I sway the voting by using some Texas quotes? Like "Don't Mess With Texas" or maybe "Texas is the place I'd dearly love to be" George Strait. No go? Oh well, I'll come up with something winning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how hard is this contest???
    i can't pick, i started throwing darts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over here from Goofy Girls. This looks like fun. And yes she is a fabulous web blog designer. Two of my blogs are from her. This one ~ my main blog and this one.

    Your blog design is lovely, BTW!

    Hmmmm... I may want to start a new pet blog. I'll have to enter the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came up with "Quote" #1.
    And now I've got to enter my all time favorite quote of all times.

    So -- BRB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hearby say that I've entered this fantastic contest for the fully alloted number of entries. *L* Though - I don't think I can compete with Miss Piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I think I'll enter the contest. Thanks for letting us know. By the way, I see you have great quote posted from one of my fav movies, Kate & Leopold. That is the best line in the movie!
    Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've posted my comment. I went the Texas route just in case!

    Did you know I lived in TX for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy quotes. I've listed one of my favorites. And I'm thinking on another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey ok

    my two entries

    Oscar wilde and 10 thing poem

    Han

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick question- is this for a FREE template, or a discount on one? I am seeing some blogs say it's free!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to participate! Please dont include me in the drawing, I would love someone else to win the prize :)

    Thanks for the great quotes though, It has been great reading them all!

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have my quote up. I don't know if anyone else will find it as uplifting as I do, but I say it to myself often....lol

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  15. I vote for Nichole, mia's mommy! (#16)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope there's room for warped quirkiness here at this quirky quote qontest! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a Grand idea. Thanks, how will I ever narrow it down to one....or two?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm In. Can't wait to read all the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow
    only *two* quotes>>>>>
    difficult.
    but i have one for you to guess, sparked by the one you left:

    in my day, television was called books, and this is a special book. my father used to read it to me, and today i'm going to read it to you...

    love kate in new zealand X

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWWWWW Thanks Amber...HUGS!!!

    I don't know if I will find another quote but I am just fine with the one... =-D


    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mr. Linky doesn't have a widget for QQQ... which one do you want us to use?

    My first one is up and will be followed within the next 24 hours by #2.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who doesn't love a good quote? I read about the contest on Nichole's (mia's mommy)blog and had to come check it out. I cheated a bit and put my 2 entries in one post. Please don't hold it against me... I was under duress. I know i couldn't have spelled that one right, but I've been looking at everything in cyrillic for 2 1/2 weeks... the English language has somewhat escaped my mushy brain.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun contest Julie, I hope I did it right

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, some great quotes- some made me think, some made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry_ I entered my name twice. I don't know how to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea!! I love old quotes so it was fun to dig in and find a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I posted my quotes. I had trouble with the button, but eventually I'll get the hang of blogging. Lot of great quots out there and some great blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the help Julie! Can't wait to read all the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay I am so excited to have stumbled upon this post and enter this contest :)
    I love reading all these quotes - I am a collector too!
    Celebrate Life!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I have just posted my second quote. Great idea, an enriching journey around some beautiful blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. If you're going by Eastern Time, I'm too late.

    LOVE all the great quotes!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥