02 March 2007

Answers to Party Game #1

I thought I would not leave the great crowd in lingering suspense!

1. TRUE - I have lived in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland - and now Texas!

2. FALSE - I never played in the school band. I always loved to sing. Although, as an adult I would like to learn to play piano and/or guitar.

3. TRUE - My friend Lizbeth and I were lost once with four of our children on the Appalachian Trail. We went hiking on a late February day - one of our children tired of walking, and while we tired of carrying her (uphill the whole way) we could not find our way out. We were rescued by a friend's husband who was an avid hiker well after dark. Moral to the story: always take your cell phone hiking. I was thankful to have just enough battery to make a call for help! (Although to this day Lizbeth SWEARS we were not lost - like it's perfectly normal when hiking to huddle under an emergency blanket, sheltered in a improvised lean-to, singing songs in the dark to calm our children and PRAYING somebody finds us! hee hee) Our pastor did at least award us both with compasses and whistles - as well as certificates for doing our part to enrich the prayer life of our congregation! Good times - good times!

8 comments:

  1. I have been to all those states : ) And, I played the clarinet in high school band. I've also been lost but I don't think it was in the mountains! So glad you were found. I don't mind if you copy me - it's a compliment actually! And if you have any more game ideas, send them my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Texas too! How scary to be lost in the mountains--thank goodness you had your cell!

    Just stopping by to say "Hello!" It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - thanks for coming to my pajama party. I loved your slide show. What a great looking family. Especially loved the picture on the potty chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun game! I'm glad you made me one of your party stops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment and welcome to the par-tay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tks for stopping by!! My chickens and I are on a roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, how scary at the time... Your pastor's humor made me chuckle though! Glad you you were found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it, it just made sense that #2 was the "fake", lol. Thanks for a fun game.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥