01 March 2007

T13 Edition #2 - Thirteen Wonderful Birthday Surprises

Yesterday was my birthday. My children did so many things to make it extra-special to me. Read on:

  1. 6:30 am breakfast, complete with the Happy Birthday song, and a back rub!
  2. Hugs around every corner – and an abundance of birthday wishes!
  3. The kitchen made a secret shroud as the children laughed and played music, and commenced baking
  4. A gooey chocolate-chocolate chipped birthday cake was presented just before dinner.
  5. Hand-made embellishments made for the cake – a #37, a birthday cake and a small gift.
  6. Chocolate covered blueberries and a pretty necklace from my younger daughter.
  7. A hummingbird feeder from my son so that we can watch the birds together.
  8. Decorated pamphlet presented for a "spa night"
  9. A hot bubble bath, with candles all around, floating "flowers", homemade "Clementine" bath salts. 15 candles lit, and my favorite instrumental CD – the soundtrack to 'Little Women' playing – (There is no way to describe this that does it ANY justice! It was incredible. Not only did they run the tub and light the candles, but Kendra scrubbed the bathroom today and made it shine, then they cleared away every shampoo bottle and razor so that there would be nothing but bubbles, flowers and candles!)
  10. Eucalyptus body wash and banana body butter, gifts from my older daughter.
  11. A long massage – back, hands, feet, head
  12. Facial complete with mud mask
  13. Hot tea and precious company to watch my favorite movie, 'Little Women'!

This was the BEST birthday of my life! The pampering was enjoyable and precious – but the hearts of three children who love me so much, to give such a selfless gift of time, and energy was overwhelming. It is good to be so loved!



Thirteen Things about YOUR NAME


1…. Start your list here!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




14 comments:

  1. A wonderful birthday ! I don't recall any special one, I only remember that I was angry that my son got always up late at noon and I was expecting to celebrate my birthday, lol ! I take it easy now, long experience !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie HAPPY BDAY!!!! I am crying reading this entry. You children truly show that they arise and call you blessed by their actions. They prove that love is an action not a just a word! I can see why this was your best bday ever.

    (I must admit, my children would never do anything like that for me, so my eyes are turning a little green, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds soooo wonderful! Hope your next year is even more joyous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They treat you like a queen!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a great birthday! :) Happy belated birthday. :) The bubble bath and massage sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smoke, what amazing kids you have! Are you sure they're human? *grin*

    Looks like a wonderful birthday. Good for you; you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely children you have! I bet you enjoyed your birthday so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! How wonderful that they made your day so special!!

    Thanks for visiting me TT and answering all my questions.

    I agree the auditions are the best part of AI, but I still watch it anyways while I blog ~ hee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... I love the list! Sounds like your children sure love their momma!!

    I think I might have to participate in Thursday Thirteen next week... Will ya' add me to your list then??

    (I found you through homeschoolblogger originally, so keep re-finding you that way. I need to figure out a better way to find my non-homeschoolblogger friends. Ack!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! That does sound like a wonderful birthday!! That was so nice of your kids to do all those wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dragonheart's "mom" here - you asked on his blog about Sphynx and cat allergies. It really depends on the individual. Some people with cat allergies can tolerate Sphynx, and some can't. My husband is allergic to cats, but Sphynx are fine - he has no reaction to them.

    The best thing to do is to visit a Sphynx breeder and spend some time with the cats, to see if they provoke a reaction. Any reputable breeder will be happy to oblige - they are interested in finding the cats good homes and that includes making sure that if someone is allergic to cats, they won't have a reaction to Sphynx. I'm very happy my husband can tolerate Sphynx!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    Happy birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday, and happy T13

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥