Yesterday was my birthday. My children did so many things to make it extra-special to me. Read on:
- 6:30 am breakfast, complete with the Happy Birthday song, and a back rub!
- Hugs around every corner – and an abundance of birthday wishes!
- The kitchen made a secret shroud as the children laughed and played music, and commenced baking
- A gooey chocolate-chocolate chipped birthday cake was presented just before dinner.
- Hand-made embellishments made for the cake – a #37, a birthday cake and a small gift.
- Chocolate covered blueberries and a pretty necklace from my younger daughter.
- A hummingbird feeder from my son so that we can watch the birds together.
- Decorated pamphlet presented for a "spa night"
- A hot bubble bath, with candles all around, floating "flowers", homemade "Clementine" bath salts. 15 candles lit, and my favorite instrumental CD – the soundtrack to 'Little Women' playing – (There is no way to describe this that does it ANY justice! It was incredible. Not only did they run the tub and light the candles, but Kendra scrubbed the bathroom today and made it shine, then they cleared away every shampoo bottle and razor so that there would be nothing but bubbles, flowers and candles!)
- Eucalyptus body wash and banana body butter, gifts from my older daughter.
- A long massage – back, hands, feet, head
- Facial complete with mud mask
- Hot tea and precious company to watch my favorite movie, 'Little Women'!
This was the BEST birthday of my life! The pampering was enjoyable and precious – but the hearts of three children who love me so much, to give such a selfless gift of time, and energy was overwhelming. It is good to be so loved!
1…. Start your list here!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants