22 March 2007

Crock-pot Cookin' - Chicken and Stuffing

I love my crock-pot. It makes cooking so handy. I was so thankful when I found Diary of a Stay at Home Mom hosting Slow Cooking Thursday. If you're like me you can always use more good recipes that are tried and tested by other moms! Speaking of which, I made this yummy recipe for Taco Soup in my crock-pot today that I found on somebody else's blog - and I just had to take a taste when we got home from co-op! It is sooo good! And while you're at it, hop on over to Life on the Rocks where she's posted a yummy meatless (alright it has chicken broth though!) version.
Here's one of my tried and true crock-pot recipes:

Chicken and Stuffing
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
4 oz can mushroom pieces, drained
1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 cups bread cubes
2 eggs
10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
5-6 cups cooked chicken
Combine all ingredients except bread, eggs, soup and chicken in saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Combine eggs and soup. Stir into broth mixture until smooth. Pour over bread and toss well. Layer half of stuffing and then half of chicken into very large slow cooker. Repeat layers. Cover. Cook on low 4 1/2 - 5 hours.

6 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds right up my alley!
    Have a great day.
    blessings~
    Annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - Thanks! I love both of my crock pots and am always looking for recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont' ya just love them? Crock pots I mean. Or as they are called here in England 'Slow Cookers'! Actally an appropriate name I thought. I'm the Slow cooker queen around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful, welcome to Slow Cooking Thursday :)

    I can't wait to try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just replaced my crockpot of 7 years. I decided to stay with Rival but opted for a larger size with a timer and warmer feature. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥