24 March 2007

Rambly Scattered Thoughts

I have a random stream of thoughts tonight but I'll do my best to make it slightly coherent.
First I would like to know what the deal is with having zits AND gray hair (just a few but still!) AND cellulite AND the beginning stages of wrinkles. My skin isn't wrinkled just yet - but it is wrinkle-ish - meaning my skin texture around my eyes is changing! This seems cruel and unfair.
Second, my husband took me to see the movie "Premonition" tonight where a woman has a recurrent dream that her husband dies. A little "Groundhog Day-ish", but interesting none-the-less. Sandra Bullock, my favorite female actress, was in it so you know you couldn't go wrong. My hubby earned big points without meaning to by saying she reminded him of me in some ways. (I did not ask him to elaborate - that was good enough for me! I kept thinking - her butt is half my size and she looks cute no matter what! I didn't see the direct link.) It was also ironic to realize that we went to get out without our kids and ended up sitting next to a HUGE group of teenagers. They did pretty well - but my hubby pointed out how different they were from our kids. It is good when dad notices that what we have done, and the sacrifices he personally has made for our kids makes a difference.
Last but not least, the cashier at Walmart today told me today was her lucky day. She won $500 in some sort of scratch-off lottery thingy. I realized how much I had grown as a Christian. There was a time when I would have judged her for "gambling" and today I was able to say,"How exciting!" and actually mean it. My standards mean nothing to her. This may not make sense in the sleep deprived state of stupor in which I am writing it - but we cannot reach people with Jesus by hitting them over the head with a frying pan. I plan to get in her line every chance I get - and make friends. Maybe then Jesus will come out in the precious way He showed Himself to me - with arms wide open. Jesus cannot use me to do that, be a living illustration when I fold my arms across my chest (and my panties are in a wad)!
Good night peoples. You were lovely. Great audience. Thank you so much for making it to the end! Hee hee.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! I don't like to be hit over the head with a frying pan either... After all, you have to first show people you care before they care about what you have to say.

    Love,
    Marsha

    PS I didn't even THINK about taking pictures... I wonder if I did a pic that was really close up...would people be able to tell what "it" was? Without my story behind it, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOST is about some people who survive a plane crash but are stranded on an island. My dh and kids were watching it last year but I told them that I had better things to do. Then one Friday night, Hannah wanted me to watch something with her and she talked me into watching lost. I was hooked after a few episodes. You definitely must watch it from the beginning.

    I just watched a movie tonight with Sandra Bullock called Lake House. Very good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally cracked me up -- zits, cellulite, grey hair, wrinklish. I can relate. I am just 31, but the grey hairs are visible and the baby pooch is not really cute.

    I think it's great that your hubby noticed the difference between your kids and the teens at the movie. I appreciate it, too, when my hubby takes notice of those things.

    I've been catching up here this evening.... You've posted a TON!! Tonight I will name you "Queen Blogger". :o)

    Blessings, Beckie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy reading your blog and I love Napolean Dynamite too!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥