16 March 2007

Try This on For Size

Ya know, next time I get my hair done, I'm gonna get straight up out of bed and never touch my hair before going. WHY? Because they don't even take a teeny gander at what my hair is generally styled like anyway!
Then, I'm gonna sit my butt right down in their little lifty chair and say, "Hey, I wanna treat you right. Why don't you just do whatever you want with my hair? Heck, why don't you just do what is easiest. I don't want to put you out."
Then I'm going to lean back and close my eyes and sleep through the rest. The outcome HAS to be better than when I take my time to tell them how I would like it.
I got my highlights done yesterday. I said "NO gold." When I got home to my own bathroom, and lifted my hair to a ponytail, what did I see underneath? G-O-L-D. Ugh! I've seen less brass in a marching band!
I said I hate for my hair to be flat. I left with hair plastered to my head. I am a child of the 80s. Could she not feel my shame??
I said I like my ends to curl (actually curve, bend, not really c-u-r-l) under, but what I left with was stick straight hair. I mean S-T-I-C-K S-T-R-A-I-G-H-T.
I am a fat woman with a large head. Picture a big fat head with a double chin and uncooked spaghetti noodles sticking out all over. THIS is what I looked like when I was done. Some of the noodles were in the shade of bling bling GOLD.
Okay, perhaps I'm being a little melodramatic, but it is so irritating to spend so much money to have someone do whatever they want. Is it possible to find a hairdresser that actually listens to what her clients want??? What is so hard about that?
(And the racial comment the woman made - well, let's not even go there - it wasn't pretty.)

2 comments:

  1. So, where are the pics? I want to see this new "do". I can't stand going to the beauty shop, hairdresser, salon or whatever you want to call it. They never do what I want them to either. Did you go to a local one or over to Beaumont? I need to get mine done, it looks horrible, but I am afraid of what it will look like after I leave there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, that last comment was from me, Kathy, from over at HSB. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥