If I were to be dropped on a deserted island, and the only thing I could have is my personal DVD player (equipped with several extra battery packs – okay suspend disbelief for a minute would ya?) and only 13 movies, here is what I would take:
1. The Passion of the Christ - when I need to remember Jesus’s sacrifice
2. Little Women - when I need to remember the value of family
3. Facing the Giants - when I need encouragement to “keep going”
4. Spiderman - when I feel like climbing a wall – or a palm tree – whatever!
5. Return to Me - when I lose heart
6. The Titanic - when I feel like I’m sinking in a cold world
7. Tuck Everlasting - when I faint at the thought of growing old
8. Oliver! – when I feel like nobody loves me
9. Cheaper by the Dozen – old version - when I think I have too many kids!
10. The Astronaut Farmer - when I need to remember how to dream (Okay – I know it is not on DVD yet
11. The Prestige – when I am bored and need to stretch my brain a bit
12. Gone With the Wind – when frankly my dear I don’t give a – oh yeah this is a family friendly blog!
13. The Sound of Music OR Fiddler on the Roof – when I feel like singing!
This list could have a few variables on any given day – but this seems to be a good mixed list of movies I’ve seen recently and ones that I’ve loved for a long time.