14 June 2007

Slow Cookin' Thursday - Hearty Italian Sandwiches

Although I have been absent from this meme for a while, I have still visited it and snagged some very, very good recipes! YUM!
I found this recipe in the Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but I am making it this week, with some homemade sub rolls (Lord willing - last time they didn't turn out so well!)

Hearty Italian Sandwiches
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 pounds bulk italian sausage
2 large onions, chopped
2 large green peppers, chopped
2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 sandwich rolls

  1. In skillet brown beef and sausage. Drain.
  2. Place one-third onions and peppers in slow cooker. Top with half of meat mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Cover. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
  4. With a slotted spoon, serve about 1 cup mixture on each roll. Top with cheese.
NOTE: For some extra flavor, add a spoonful of salsa to each roll before topping with cheese.
I intend to add some garlic and other goodies when I make this recipe.

Check out more recipes at Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom's weekly Slow Cookin' Recipe Exchange.

10 comments:

  1. I have that cookbook too and I have seen this recipe in it but haven't tried it either. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, going to try this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our recipes are almost the same :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, yum, my mouth is watering as I haven't had lunch yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks good! Thanks for posting. I've said this recipe to make later this month. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds delicious! i'm not so good at making the rolls either.. they seem to take on their own shape and it sure doesn't resemble a roll.. :o)~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds really good! I made 7 Can Soup for dinner the other night and it's one of those incredibly easy recipes too!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥