25 June 2007

No Day of Rest

It is after midnight and I am still up and going strong. I have been trying to get a PDF file made of the More of Him, Less of Me Bible Study that is starting up this week. I was happy to do it, but it seems that whenever I attempt this kind of project, everything possible fights me! Word was giving me a fit, spitting out formatting symbols, etc.
That is really the least of our problems, however. Yesterday afternoon, I got my husband into our bathroom to show him a spot on the wall in the closet that backs up to the bathtub that seemed to be continually wet. It was also right next to the towel hamper, so I wasn't sure if the kids were maybe putting really wet towels against it, and it just wasn't getting a chance to dry out. Well, he pulled the wallboard off and saw it drip, drip, dripping from the last shower. Ugh. We had to turn the water off immediately. I washed my hair in the kitchen sink this morning before church (which is another post altogether), the dishwasher is full, there is a pile of laundry in every hamper, and the kitchen sink is piled high with dishes. Thankfully the neighbors have been letting us fill up buckets with water so we can flush the toilets. Travis did some repairs, but as soon as he turned the water back on, it shot out everywhere! He is going to have to stay home tomorrow to work on it some more. You don't realize how much you take running water for granted until you don't have it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sistah, Can I relate to your dilemma! You're right, you don't realize how much you rely on something until it has been taken away from you!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥