05 June 2007

Remember Me

This video was put together by a 15 year old girl. She did a super job. Sadly it instigated a debate on YouTube and she had to turn comments off. What is wrong with people?
I read a bumper sticker once that said, If you can't stand behind our troops, stand in front of them! Touche! No matter what your political views are, your freedom to have those views are secured daily in ways you can't imagine by our troops!

Dear Men and Women of the Armed Services: I remember you. I pray for you daily. Come home soon! Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great line about "if you can't stand behind our troops, stand in front of them." I'll have to remember it. I have seen this video before. Didn't realize it was put together by a 15-year-old though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crying by the time you got to the happy reunion pictures - then the funeral pictures had me sobbing!!!! Now I just wish I actually knew anyone who was fighting over there at the moment so I could write to them. Oh! And I LOVE that bumper sticker!!! We need it for England as well. There is soooooo little patriotic pride in this country that people just hate the soldiers and blame America for the fact that 'their' boys have had to go. I have to keep a really low profile when it come to 'discussions' about the war, dh is worried that I'll really get into trouble otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand what there could've been in this video that instigated a flood of negativity? It was a great piece!

    Recently I had a discussion with my hubby. I told him how the liberals criticize Christians for "Hating the sin, loving the sinner" mentality that we try to have. They call us hypocrites when we refer to homosexuality or abortion in this light. And yet, time and time again we hear,
    "I support the troops but don't believe in the war". Like always, they want a different standard for themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥