21 February 2007

Way too Cute

There is a little boy in our neighborhood named Ricky. Ricky's dad goes in and out of jail – and life is not easy for this little guy. He is just the cutest thing. I think he is maybe 5 or 6 years old. He always has his hair cut in a buzz, the kind you just want to run your hands over, and he has gigantic blue anime-like eyes. Yesterday afternoon, all the neighborhood kids were gathered on my porch, and Ricky was with them. He walked right up to me and said,

"My dog got runned over."

I said, 'Oh Ricky, I'm so sorry. Is he alright?"

He shook his head and said, "Mm hmm." Then paused for a moment, and added, "But he's day-yud." (southern twang translated "dead")

My girls and I giggled at him – not because we didn't sympathize with his little broken heart, but because he was so darn cute when he said it. I told him how sorry I was and gave him a Reese's peanut butter cup – which in my experience is good medicine for whatever ails you. Poor little guy.

I just KNEW y'all had to see this cute-ness, so I asked him today if I could take his picture and he said "yay-us".

1 comment:

  1. Awww.... I love the southern accent, especially coming from the mouth of a child. Poor little guy... I will pray for him... and his dad.

    Blessings, Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥