15 February 2007

Lessons From Facing the Giants

I watched Facing the Giants for the second time tonight at church with the youth group - Kullen went too. I am sure that by now most everyone has heard of it - but if you haven't seen it yet, please don't miss it. I have taken away so much from the movie - here are some of the lessons I've learned:
  1. Never, never, never give up - keep going, keep going, you can do it
  2. When you win, you praise Him - and when you lose, you praise Him
  3. Even during times of pain and trial, God is still God and He deserves our love and praise
  4. God is into giving us the desires of our heart
  5. With God all things are possible - nothing is impossible with Him
  6. No matter how big the enemy - God is bigger still
  7. You give it your best and you trust God with the results
  8. Keep praying - P.U.S.H. - pray until something happens
#7 is my favorite - that is going to become a life motto - very motivating! This can be applied to absolutely any part of life.
I have heard more than one person say that they weren't interested in seeing the movie because they think it is all about football. This movie was not about football - but used the coach and the team and the picture of coming against an enemy to show spiritual truth. I don't like sports movies either - but thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
More later - I have a lot of thoughts about this movie, but it's too late to articulate them all!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see this. We'll probably have to get it on DVD. Were you able to get my blog on your reader?

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥