17 February 2007

Birthday Party & Blah


This is Kullen (R) and his new friend Todd (L). Todd is turning 10 years old this month. Kullen is pretty excited to have a friend who lives within walking distance - in fact only one block away. We went to a putt-putt place this afternoon to celebrate Todd's birthday with him. I think that everybody had a good time. Kullen and Todd have a great time lighting fire crackers, riding bikes and the 4-wheeler, shooting BB guns, hanging out of Kullen's treehouse, and all the things that boys love to do together. The kids had a nice time playing putt-putt golf, and using a humongous supply of tokens on various games, but I think the most exciting thing of all was the bungee jumping. Everybody got in on the action, even the three teenage sisters. I think the kids had a good time.
Me however - even in times like this that should be a lot of fun - I find myself homesick and lonesome for my friends. Coming home as it was getting dark, there was a stark realization that my cell phone hardly ever rings because there is nobody trying to catch up with us to do anything. Saturday nights used to be a house full of friends - playing games, watching movies, or just hanging out. No, we didn't do it every weekend - but at least we could if we wanted to, and we got together more often than not. There have been far too many lonely evenings without them in a row. I hate feeling this way. Sometimes it seems worse than others but regardless, I need a reprieve. I am praying that God would intervene here in a way that only He can. I don't think I can take much more of the loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥