23 February 2007

T13 Edition #1 - Thirteen Scarcely Known Things About Me

  1. I can say the entire Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish, even though I've always thought it was weird to pledge allegiance to the US flag in a foreign language!

    Juaramenta a la bandera de los Estados Unidos de America……. Don't make me prove it!

  2. I talk on the phone sometimes while I use the bathroom. (Okay so maybe some of my good friends know this – but don't let on! Thanks for the discretion!)
  3. I used to have an OCD issue with writing words on the back of my teeth with my tongue. It started when I was in high school. I had a whole routine about how I would do this – if the word had an even amount of letters I would split them up evenly on those two front teeth. If any words had an odd amount of letters, I would have to put the odd letter in the slight space in the middle of my front teeth – but it would have to be the letter in the EXACT center of the word. I promise – I seriously used to do this people, I couldn't make this stuff up.
  4. Three of my closest friends have birthdays in January, and four of my other closest friends have birthdays in November.
  5. I smoked from the time I was 14 until I was 26 – except when I was pregnant or breastfeeding. I am the worst kind of ex-smoker - it makes me sick to be around it - I can't stand the smell of smoke on clothing or furniture, OR in the air.
  6. I have moved over 30 times in my life - and attended 16 schools growing up.
  7. My left ear is pierced three times, and my right ear is pierced twice – and even though as a teenager I thought I would always wear tons of earrings, I never wear more than two.
  8. When I sneeze, sometimes air comes out my right lower eyelid. (I asked my Pastor once if that ever happened to him, and he stepped back, looked at me like I was a freak and said, "No.")
  9. I want to be a missionary when I grow up.
  10. It is important to me that a book "feel" right before I buy it. I prefer paperbacks to hardbacks, and can reject a book strictly because I do not like it's cover. I absolutely loathe dust jackets.
  11. One of the highlights of my life was meeting the missionary women that had been held captive in Afghanistan when they appeared at a Women of Faith conference. I met them when I got my Prisoners of Faith book signed that my friend Kate bought for me. One of the other biggest highlights of my life was watching her get all nervous about talking to them when it was our turn! She is one of the most confident people that I know – and this was an absolute role reversal for the two of us. I lurched out with a comment about a intestinal worm story – and Kate stuttered and stammered.
  12. I take shorthand at about 90 wpm.
  13. I sing in the shower – loudly and without reservation, and have passed this genetic trait on to my three children.

So now that you know a little bit more than you probably ever wanted to about me – how about you?

6 comments:

  1. I have lost count of how many times I have moved but I think you have me beat. I did go to 14 schools including kindergarten through college. Great job on your first Thursday 13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying that you make it to the mission field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for visiting West of Mars! I've adjusted to the idea of no more TT -- just in time for LeeAnn to announce someone's bought the rights to it! We shall see what happens...

    If you need help with Technorati rankings or anything, even though I made that comment in jest, holler. It's all about how many links you have, both people you link to as well as people who link to you. The more, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Impressive ^5
    2. I will keep it our little secret.lol
    3. I just tried it. I found it very difficult to do.
    4. You can add me to the November list. tee hee
    5. I want to quit. ^5 and WTG on your sucess!
    7. My Left ear is pierced twice and my right ear three.I had my ears pierced one on each ear when I was in high school. Later I got a new pierce after each of my children were born. I wear their birthstones in them.
    I hope you get to be a missionary!
    The first thing I do with my hard cover books is take the jacket off. I don't like them either. I do put them back on and put them away when I am done reading them.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first Thursday Thirteen! And LOL, I hate dust jackets on books, too -- I often read in bed, and the darned jackets slip all over the place and drive me nuts.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to TT. aren't you glad it isn't shutting down?

    I've no trouble believe the OCD thing. I've had similar quirks in my past that i've not had the courage to blog about yet.

    thanx for visitng my TT 13 ways to support the troops.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥