20 February 2007

I Saw the Lord

Evidently God wants to drive home the fact that He is all that I need. This morning I read this from Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest:

"In the year King Uzziah died, I saw also the Lord." Isaiah 6:1 Our soul's history with God is frequently the history of the "passing of the hero." Over and over again God has to remove our friends in order to bring Himself in their place, and that is where we faint and fail and get discouraged. Take it personally: In the year that the one who stood to me for all that God was, died – I gave up everything? I became ill? I got disheartened? Or I saw the Lord?

I will train my eyes to see the Lord. I was just telling my friend Joanne yesterday that God wanted me to learn something in this time of loneliness – that when He is all I have, I come to know that He truly is all that I need. Not a clique, but a ever present reality. I am so overwhelmed that He has taken such pains to speak to me over and over again.

There was also another verse this morning – Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. Psalm 27:10 Thank You Lord – Thank You, Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. Wow~~ I can't begin to tell you how much I identify with you~~ we too have just moved across the country~~ from NY to Oklahoma~~ only to experience the worse winter in the history of Oklahoma! LOL And to think~~ we moved here to get away the cold! LOL

    This devotion really encouraged me~~ I have been SO lonely~~ even before the move. Folks don't seem to want to get together~~ busy with the details of life. With nine children~~ I know busy as well~~ but we still need to make time to invest into the lives of others. To know that God is using this time to reveal more of His character was a much needed reminder. Thanks!!

    I'm from xanga~~ but began a search looking for homesteaders to visit with~~ and found your site. I enjoy your writing and transparency! Tamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamy -
    I would love to visit you at your blog - next time you visit - make sure to leave your blog address here if you'd like!
    ~Jewls

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥