16 April 2008

Random Fact Unschooler

My daughter Kaitlyn is 14. She is interested in astrology - which I met with much reservation initially. Together we have been fascinated to see how the zodiac is God's handiwork, and all of creation is subject to the magnetic forces of the universe.
Today she stumbled on a website of random facts, and has been sharing them with me all day:
  • nutmeg is poisonous if injected directly into the bloodstream
  • cows produce more milk if you play music while milking them
  • you are more likely to be stung by a bee in windy weather than in any other
  • it was once against the law to slam your car door in Switzerland
  • a statue of a man on a horse will have one leg raised if the man has died from being wounded in battle, and the horse will have two legs raised if the man has died while in battle
  • some toothpaste is made with antifreeze
  • there are more chickens in the world than people
  • a cat can make 600 noises in its throat but a dog can only make about 10
  • there is a Superman in every Seinfeld episode somewhere
  • our tongue prints are all unique - just like our fingerprints
She's a pretty fascinating kid - and has rattled these off to me all day long. That's probably more than you wanted to know. I feel like I'm on Cheers talking to a very pretty version of Norm!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me so much of Nick. I'm being informed, usually when I'm really busy, of some obscure fact. Enjoy it. You'll be surprised by how you remember.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥