01 April 2007

All Quotes in their Entirety

Here is an exhaustive list of all the quotes that were entered into the Quirky Quote Qontest:

Quote 1 - The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even touched; they must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller

Quote 2 - “When we started homeschooling, I felt as if I tucked a child under each arm and jumped off a cliff. Imagine my surprise to discover we had wings!” -Maura Seger

Quote 3 - “If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children–because it isn’t about school. It’s about families taking their children back and educating them as they see best. It’s about giving birth to a child and loving that child enough to want to nurture him and be a part of his life until he no longer needs you. It is the natural thing to do. School is only a substitute for the real thing.” –Kathleen

Quote 4 - Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria. - Dr. Peter Venkman

Quote 5 - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
~miss piggy

Quote 6 - I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you’re always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you’re not around, and the fact that you didn’t call.
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.
~10 Things I Hate About You

Quote 7 - I am not afraid of failure. I am afraid that I will succeed in things that matter not to God."

Quote 8 - I can't find the entry on this blog

Quote 9 - "What kind of monkey doctor are you?"
-- from Curious George, TV Show.

Quote 10 - "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
-- credited to Groucho Marx –

Quote 11 - Brenda: Uh, those are hot dogs, right?
Hot Dog Vendor: Yeah, want one?
Brenda: Mmm, yeah I'd love one.
Hot Dog Vendor: That'll be two bucks.
Hot Dog Vendor: [Brenda hands him a check, he stares incredulously] A check?
Brenda: Yeah, but it's a good check. See, Chris' mom wrote it to Chris 'cause Chris bought her something, I can't remember what. Then I bought Chris some press-on nails, I gave Chris the difference, and she wrote the check over to me. So I'll write the check over to you, you keep the difference, and I'll take the hot dog. So, you got a pen?
Hot Dog Vendor: Get outta here!
Brenda: Wait! I'm starving, you'd rather throw it away than give it to me?
Hot Dog Vendor: I work on a cash-only basis.
Brenda: But it's a perfectly good check!
Hot Dog Vendor: No! I'll make it very clear. you slip me the cash, and I'll slip you the wiener.
Brenda: But I don't have any cash!
Hot Dog Vendor: Then I don't have a wiener!

Quote 12 - share your M&Ms. there are bags and bags of them all over the place. if you give them one of yours, even the green ones, you will not be lacking. honest injun. now apply this to time, concern, touch, interest, and being vulnerable.
~ hugh elliott

Quote 13 - Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word - Author John Steinbeck

Quote 14 - Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
--Helen Keller

Quote 15 - "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."--Brooke Shields.

Quote 16 - God brought us to it, and God WILL bring us through it... author unknown

Quote 17 - “I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

Quote 18 - "It's very good for strength, to know that someone needs you to be strong." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Quote 19 - "Courage is endurance for one moment more…" ~Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

Quote 20 - "Oh my God, I'm getting pulled over. Everyone, just... pretend to be normal."

Quote 21 - “I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”
~Monty Python

Quote 22 - “Don’t just do something…sit there!” Jon Courson

Quote 23 – Repeat of Quote 22 – SKIP

Quote 24 - Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. C. S. Lewis

Quote 25 - "Tis better to Remain Silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all Doubt" Poor Richard's Almanac

Quote 26 - "A person's worth is contingent upon who he is, not upon what he does, or how much he has. The worth of a person, or a thing, or an idea, is in being, not in doing, not in having."
- Alice Mary Hilton

Quote 27 – broken link

Quote 28a - Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it
-- Author:Fleur Conkling Heylinger

Quote 28b - Goals are like children, they're not always pretty but you love them when they're yours.

Quote 29 - "So if you sleep until you're 18... Ah, think of the suffering you're gonna miss. I mean high school? High school-those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that."
Uncle Frank(Steve Carell) Little Miss Sunshine, 2006

Quote 30 - "There is no difference between living and learning...it is impossible and misleading and harmful to think of them as being separate"
John Holt in "What Do I Do Monday"

Quote 31 - "I am convinced that if we as a society work diligently in every other area of life and neglect the family, it would be analogous to straightening deck chairs on the Titanic. "
Stephen Covey

Quote 32 – repeat of Quote 31

Quote 33 - "The multiplicty of facts and writings is become so great that everything must now be reduced to extracts." --Voltaire

Quote 34 - I wonder if other dogs think Poodles are members of a weird religious cult?
Rita Rudner

Quote 35 - The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

Quote 36 - "...be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now." Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote 37 - "I know that the only way to live my life is to try to do what is right, to take the long view, to give of my best in all that the day brings, and to put my trust in God".
Queen Elizabeth,
Christmas speech, 2002

Quote 38 - "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else".
Judy Garland

Quote 39 - The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
- Oprah Winfrey

Quote 40 - "Mistakes are a part of being Human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which at least, others can learn from."
Al Franken

Quote 41 - "God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Quote 42 – “A strong woman is a woman who craves love like oxygen, or she turns blue choking. A strong woman is a woman who loves strongly and weeps strongly and is strongly terrified and has strong needs.” - Marge Piercy

Quote 43 - “I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” L.M. Montgomery

Quote 44 - Westley: Can you move at all?
Buttercup: Move? You're alive. If you want, I could fly.
Westley: I told you, "I would always come for you." Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well ... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need. ~ The Princess Bride

Quote 45 – "And, after all, what is a fashion? From the artistic point of view, it is usually a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months." --Oscar Wilde

Quote 46 - God cannot give us happiness and peace apart from himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing. – C.S. Lewis

Quote 47 - “The world is run by those who show up!”

Quote 48 - "Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" John Calvin

Quote 49 - There are twenty-four usable hours in every day."
-from the movie Empire Records

Quote 50 - "There's a skinny woman inside me just struggling to get out. I can usually sedate her with four or five cupcakes."
- from a Greeting Card

Quote 51 - "The best 'aromatherapy' comes directly from the kitchen." ~ Susan Branch

Quote 52a - "Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason."
~ R. Limbaugh

Quote 52b - "Wait on God and He will work, but don't wait in spiritual sulks because you cannot see an inch in front of you." -Oswald Chambers

Quote 53 – I cannot find a quote linked on this blog

Quote 54 - "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."- G.K. Chesterton

Quote 55 – repeat of quote 54

Quote 56 - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

Quote 57 - “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." - Proverbs 23:7

1 comment:

  1. All of these quotes are awesome! I love using quotes on my scrapbook layouts and cannot wait to use some of these :) Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥