12 April 2007

Crock-pot Cookin' - Chinese Hamburger

I will have to admit - when I have to do the first step - like brown the ground beef - it hardly seems like a "crock pot" meal to me. But this one sounds so good - I am going to try it tonight.
Chinese Hamburger
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion diced
2 ribs celery, diced
10 3/4 oz can chicken noodle soup (I am not using this - I am cooking linguine and adding some chicken broth)
12 oz can of Chinese vegetables (hate canned veggies - I am using frozen)
salt to taste, about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
pepper to taste, about 1/4 tsp
1 green pepper diced (will omit because it's in the frozen veggies)
1 tsp soy sauce

1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
2. Cover. Cook on High 3-4 hours
3. Serve over rice (I won't do that because I'm using noodles)

So - this recipe is really just a base to get started making it the way I'd really like it. I got this recipe from the Fix it & Forget it cookbook.


You can find more yummy recipes later today at Diary of a SAHM.

6 comments:

  1. LOL you know I feel the same way when I see something about browning the meat first....it almost makes me want to just walk away but you're right, this one sounds SO good, I'm definitely trying it :)

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look really good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one works for me. It looks like it would work for my hubby's potlucks, at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally different, but looks awesome! I will take your advice w/ the chicken broth and linguine though.

    A keeper!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this post sounds yummy! I have never run across a recipe like it. Gotta run this morning. Will be back later to blog more. I haven't gotten to read much int he last day or so.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥