04 July 2007

Undone - Conversations

I talked to my friend Carol today - and it was so awesome. She is absolutely the most awesome person to talk to when you are sorting things out - especially spiritual truth. We have been friends for 10 years now - and even though we can't get together for lunch or coffee or to take the kids ice skating anymore or go on vacation to the beach or have a Fourth of July cookout - the telephone is our greatest "friendship resource" - and believe me we've done a lot of sorting out on that phone through the years.
Let me preface by saying that Carol has been sick for the past week - and while all of this is going on in our lives, I haven't been able to talk to her! But we both decided that God had a purpose in that for both of us.
One thing she brought up to me was that in my excitement about what God has shown our family, I need to be careful not to sound condemning of others who have not come to the same conclusion. I believe wholeheartedly that our relationship with God is personal - and not corporate. It would then be a total contradiction for me to tell you that your relationship with God had to look like mine - or that your family needs to do what my family is doing. We are content with following where God is leading - and want to encourage others to follow Him - not us - and nothing less.
There was something else that came up in our conversation that I will write about later - that moved me to the point of choking back tears. I am broken, and undone, and it is here that Jesus is remaking me.
I also wanted to respond to another comment from that Canadian cutie Jane. She pointed out that some may think we are using hypocrisy in the church as an excuse not to attend. Believe me - I have always loved church. I have loved being with the body of Christ. I was not looking for an excuse to leave the church. For a couple of years now I have been making every excuse to stay in it has been apparent that God wanted us to do something different.
I am so excited right now about the Lord that it is like electricity in my heart and brain. I want to break every ritual and routine, and be left with Jesus. I want to live in and for His love alone.
I want that for YOU too.
I wish you for you the indescribable joy of His love!

5 comments:

  1. ...some may think we are using hypocrisy in the church as an excuse not to attend.

    If anything, it would be the hypocrisy within myself that would keep me from attending a regularly schedule time to look at the back of someone's head for an hour and call that fellowship and/or worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for the Lord is so apparent! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

    BTW: You've just been tagged. I hope you don't mind. I had to share the love! ((Hugs))

    http://overflowofaforgivensoul.blogspot.com/2007/07/8-random-facts-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE being called a Canadian cutie!!! Great post again. I had Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door yesterday, and I know the HS was with me becuase I did not experience the dread I usually do when I open the door. This time I was able to speak with confidence and conviction. I never got far enough to say what I really wanted to, once I thought about it later- you summed it up in your last paragraph. I am actually praying that they come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am so excited right now about the Lord that it is like electricity in my heart and brain. I want to break every ritual and routine, and be left with Jesus. I want to live in and for His love alone.
    I want that for YOU too.
    I wish you for you the indescribable joy of His love!"

    It's hard to believe that there could be bondage even in what we consider worship! Once you've experienced the liberation of TRUE worship, you can never go back to the same ol, same ol. Now if we could only experience the worship that takes place in heaven around the throne, we'd never hang on to this life as tightly as we do!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. In regards to others thinking you using hypocrisy as an excuse...that's on them, not you. One of the big issues we face is worrying about what others think. What does it matter? People (including oursleves) have specific thinking and judgement patterns based on ourselves, not God. I wouldn't give it another though.

    Follow Jesus and you will always be on the right path.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥