20 July 2007

TX Man Battling Flesh Eating Bacteria

My mother-in-law told me about this story earlier today. A SE Texas man from a neighboring town is fighting for his life after going in the ocean in Galveston just about a week and a half ago. It is crazy. Evidently there is a certain type of bacteria that thrives in warm salt-water. Poor guy. All the articles that I've read say that it isn't dangerous for normally healthy people, but the man was diabetic with an ulcer on his leg. The infection has reached his bloodstream and does endanger his life. Please pray for Mr. Gilpatrick.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this crazy? I read this story from the Dallas Morning News to my hubby last night and we both agreed that for someone like me with my auto-immune disorder, frolicking in the Gulf is a definite no-no!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥