08 May 2007

Better Days

One of my favorite Point of Grace songs is called "Better Days" - the chorus goes like this:
Better days are just around the bend
Just a ways on down the line
I believe that just around the bend
Everything's gonna be fine
Better days are just a dream right now
It's like all you do is pray
But the world keeps turning
Bringing us better days
This is me right now. Today was a much better day. Yes, there are moments of being discouraged, but over all I have felt a lift. If you have prayed for me, thank you so much. Thank you also for the cyber hugs and encouraging comments. I know that this is something that takes time and that is a process. I have never been a patient person. What kind of fire must I pass through to have this refined in the depths of my soul? I wish I knew!
I talked to my hubby today. I guess he's been wondering if I was upset with him because I have been so melancholy. I told him that it was important for him to participate in us making Texas our home. It is different for him - he is a loner, and a homebody. He can tend to forget that I need companionship. Our conversation tonight reminded him. I know he wants us to love Texas. He asked me if I missed it - and I could really only say that I missed him. Ugh. I miss my dog and my garden and my own bed too. I guess I forgot those things.
Things here have moved on and that makes me sad. We have got to move on too - but I am not sure how to do it. What is really hard right now is the changing churches after investing three months there.
I know God has a plan for all that we are enduring right now. I am thankful that He doesn't ever quit halfway through - and that He will bring to completion what He has started in our lives.
Tonight we are having a "get together". I'm off to play some cards!

4 comments:

  1. I wish you lived closer to Denton! You could go to church with us, play cards and have fun & fellowship! We're a lively bunch!

    It gets better, I promise. I found that God used those times to draw me closer into a relationship with Him. It could be that God is calling you into a season of resting and relying on Him right now. I found that sometimes, you just have to go with it instead of trying to swim against the tide. Bottom line is God's gonna do what He wants to do and we can either cooperate or fight it. Either way though, God's gonna have His way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and West Virginia isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...my dad was born and raised in WV, put it this way, my maiden name is Adkins....the woods is full of us down there. I still go to Huntington and Barboursville (where we lived many moons ago) all the time to visit family and really, we're just a hop up the road, three hours from Charleston. I am in the hills, a few miles as a crow flies, from the Ohio River. The hills ARE a good home, and it seems no matter where you go, they call you back.

    You remind me of the song by John Denver:

    "Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain momma, take me home, country roads."

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're right.. it does take time. and i'm glad you're having a better day.. they will soon turn into days.. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥