06 July 2008

School Stories

My kids love it when my husband and I tell stories of things that happened in the past, things we did as kids, things they did. Earlier today we were sitting around the table after a late lunch, and we were telling them how when we were in school you couldn't talk, virtually anywhere. I know that we could talk quietly at lunch, but if it got too loud we would lose the privilege. I even remember one school among the 20+ that I attended where there was no talking on the playground!
I told the kids a story of myself in the 1st or 2nd grade - sitting at the lunch table with a group of classmates. Some lemon-sucking faced teacher came over to the table and said, "This table is being too noisy!" As she walked away, I slammed my fist down and said, "SHUT UP table!" I spent the rest of lunchtime in the corner of the lunchroom.
The kids thought this story was hilarious! You can see my wit even then! Hardy har har.

3 comments:

  1. You certainly don't strike me as someone who - at any age - would quietly sit back and take a load of misplaced crap!!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥