17 December 2007

SNOW in Texas!!

I am completely overwhelmed. A package came in the mail today from my friend, Ethel to my Lucy, bringing me snow from WV. Yep - when I say SNOW - I mean more like a blizzard. There was a snow-everything. Snow balls, snowmen, tea with a snow theme, snowball gobstoppers. lollipops that were cherry snow flavored, snowman handsoap, a pez snowman, snowflake candy, snowflakes of every size and description, and an amazingly soft snowflake blanket that I am going to use every day and if anybody else touches it they will pull back a bloody stump be severely reprimanded. She sent me a snowflake goblet and has a matching one like it - so we can drink blackberry wine "together". I also got a big huge snowman mug that says "without you.....I'm a drift". For those of you that don't know what a"drift" is - it means the snow is all blowing all around instead of being a snowman. (Thought I'd clarify it down for you southern folk!) This was just amazing - and i am overwhelmed. I wanted to throw the loose snow all over the house - but I just couldn't let myself do it - so the kids and I went outside and threw it all over ourselves. Nope I don't have make-up on yet and it's 2 pm Texas time! I don't know what I did to deserve it - but the Lord only knows how much I needed that love today!

6 comments:

  1. I know your Ethel and she is a wonderful chick! It's a darn shame she's always one step ahead of me. (heehee) Who am I foolin'? I can't even get it together enough to find myself a snowball in a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Lucy! I am so happy you enjoyed your white Christmas, it was SO much fun to do it. You have brought me so much love & joy & laughter over the years, I wanted to send a little back. Thank you for always showing me the fun side, the bright funny side of everything. Thank you for making me love Christmas again, your enthusiasm & childlike merriment have been contagious, downright infectious, and I thank the Lord everyday for blessing me with a friend like you. Merry Christmas from WV. With love,
    Ethel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! And what a great friend. She knew exactly what you needed! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful care package! You are indeed loved and sometimes, God uses people to remind you of that fact!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, I absolutely LOVE Ethel!!! It made me cry(happy tears) to think of how excited your snow package made you(I wish I had thought of it!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool. How wonderful to receive it. I bet "Ethel" got a lot of joy out of doing it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥