01 December 2007

Odds and Ends

Okay - just so y'all know - nobody is in trouble - I wasn't upset with anybody and some of you had commented - so the smacking self in the head, and throwing yourselves off of a cliff can cease and desist. I just needed to know you were here, and you came through with dazzling colors. Y'all are the best bloggy buddies a girl could have!

Last night I had a dream in which I was getting down on my knees at the edge of the couch to kiss my husband (yes, this is a PG rated dream), and when my lips got close to his, he turned into Hagrid. In case you don't know, he is an ogre-type from the Harry Potter series - pictured to the right here. I have never been a big fan of "clean-shaven" preferring more of the Marlboro man type, a bit rugged - but Hagrid???!? After a quick kiss, I realized (
still dreaming!) that it was my husband in a disguise. If you interpret dreams I would LOVE to know what you make of this.

My neighbor Debra came over a bit ago and helped me untangle and hang up last year's icicles! It looks so twinkly and pretty outside. We even threw a few big red lights on one of the monstrous azalea bushes, that are long since out of bloom. We also had a cup of coffee with caramel syrup and real cream. Mmm. That will do wonders for your soul. Later her family is coming over for some potato soup, while the rain starts and the temperatures drop! They really know the highs and lows around here.

Yesterday I stood for about 10 minutes in the detergent aisle at Wally World trying to decide if I should spend $4 something for fabric softener. I concluded this to be a luxury for me - as well as the rest of the population who will now see my hair sticking out from my head like they do on cartoons when somebody gets shocked - cause y'all my hair gets static electricity like nobody's business. I think I maybe could use this to my advantage and end our woes over the high cost of electricity in the state of Texas - if only I could get my husband to figure out how to harness this power that I possess. I also stood there wondering if other women around me were thinking crazy things to blog about. Do y'all ever do that? Wonder if you'll be fodder for the bloggity goodness of some other rabid blogger!???


For those of you who are my friends on Homeschoolblogger or Homesteadblogger, I am reading your blogs on my Google Reader, but I cannot log in there - or even go directly to the site to leave you comments - and that has been for over a week now. This is why I don't blog there anymore. Is anybody else having that trouble? Marsha, Deedeeuk and a handful of others - I am sorry. It is so frustrating.

Anyway - hope this fine Saturday afternoon finds you all well. There are many things to worry about, but much more to be thankful for - so I leave you with this, my new mantra......
When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings....
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my bleeeeessssings...

5 comments:

  1. Potato soup and visiting with friends, that sounds cozy! Sounds like you had a break from job hunting today. I love the snowflakes your kids made- very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you kept it clean for the rest of us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see that potato soup recipe. If it's in your kitchen, it's got to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! Don't worry about not being able to comment, I understand! You could always comment by just leaving your name in the 'anonymous' box like some of my other non-hsb friends do. And sorry for not commenting lately, just about had time to read your blog (through google reader) and be sure to pray for you as you find God's will for your family! May a job open up real soon and may it be the perfect job for you darling hubby!!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥