02 December 2007

Vintage Commercials

I totally blame this on Tina! We were emailing earlier about all the childhood memories. She was talking about how "politically incorrect" the Rudolph and Santa movies are with the dad and others making fun of Rudolph for his nose - and on and on. These movies were it - a once a year thing. I remember having to have all my homework done, have a bath, and be completely ready for bed, and sitting in front of the television for 15 minutes before it came on anxiously waiting for the yearly viewing of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer or Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Tina was saying she and her husband were filling in the commercials for her boys - and taking a little walk down Nostalgia Lane with her - I decided to look up some vintage commercials on YouTube! Wow!
Do y'all remember this?


And could somebody please tell me why I never knew about the Walton's Country Home toy as a child? I totally want one. But a quick Google search did not show any for sale. The last surviving one probably being in a 70s museum somewhere near Walton's Mountain!

This was fun! If you go to YouTube and find any fun old commercials, please share them!

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't you love to give that Waltons house to Betsy?

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥