12 December 2007

PJ Pants

My neighbor Debra drug me out to Joann Fabrics on Black Friday and we took advantage of 99 cents a yard flannel. It was the only shopping we did. She likes to sew, and I had the optimistic idea of making pj pants for my kids for their Christmas Eve pajamas. With all the stuff going on at work, and the hustle bustle of activities during the holiday season, I was starting to wonder if I had bitten off more than I could chew. The high schoolers from co-op are having a Christmas party this Friday night, and the girls are having a sleepover afterwards, and one of my girls hinted that it might be nice if they had some holeless new pajamas to wear. I had bought two different fabrics for each of them, so I could make them a pair for now and another for Christmas. I worked all afternoon on an "easy" pattern. They turned out pretty cute. They're pretty happy with them, which I think is all that really matters. Kendra's pants (R) have a "New York" theme - city scape and Statue of Liberty. Kaitlyn's pants (L) have skulls and grungy prints on a pink back ground - Kendra says they are the perfect blend of "fancy"and "evil" just like Kaitlyn !! The flannel is a really nice quality and very soft. I hope they are made well to last them for a long time.

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the pants! I guess I should get going on my kids' Christmas pjs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaaaaaaay too cute! My girls love soft flannel pj's too. Wish I'd thought about making some!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I used to give the kids new jammies when they were little, on Christmas Eve. That way they looked all cutsy in the AM for pictures. Laura Lou works at Victoria's Secret, (actually, I think she just signs her paycheck over to them) so I guess I'm all done buying her jammies from Old Navy!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I made my kids cowboy/cowgirl outfits last year. I'm not a great sewer, but I do well enough to get away with it. The sewing bug hasn't hit me this year. I wish it would,because my kids ask me to make them stuff all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm freaking out over the 99 cent flannel! They turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great buy on the flannel! I love pj pants- I need a pair without holes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look really comfy, it almost makes me want to learn how to sew...almost.
    There is a story behind that but I just don't sew.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥