16 May 2008

I Want Me One of These

I don't covet often, although I wouldn't necessarily say that I have mastered the art of contentedness. Most of my discontent centers around people and places rather than material things. (This has a lot to do with my homesickness for WV!) I am blessed to have all that I need, truly - but sometimes once in a great while I find something I really want. I have recently become obsessed with the desire to be the proud owner of an Amazon Kindle. I am not an electronic gadget person. In fact I prefer to use my paper planner than all the gadgets and programs that are on my laptop - but there seem many advantages to this thing. Books are heavy making it difficult to lay in bed and read - and I love reading in bed. I also love to take books along with me wherever I go. I have to admit that I also hate reading ebooks or internet pages off of my screen. Blogs are about the most reading I can do - but I think you can even read those on Kindle. At $399, I won't be getting one anytime soon. But a girl can dream.
Check this baby out:

Oh my gosh!

7 comments:

  1. Ok. I'd never heard of this before so the video told me alot! It sounds like fun, but I'm trying to figure out how I'd likely put it to good use. I'm always reading. I'd probably use it for books. I can't see using it for magazines.

    Yeah, maybe books and blogs. I don't have a laptop, so it would really come in handy for my blog reading!

    So are you gonna invest in one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool and amazing. What will they come up with next. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I am wanting one too. I figure eventually they will come down in price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty nifty. But I mostly get books from the library, so it might be too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this before - it's like we are living in the future like the Jetson's. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is cool! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As my 5 year old says "Seweet"!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥