01 August 2007

Schmooze Award - Me????

My Canadian blogger buddy, Kathleen a/k/a Coffee Mom nominated little ol' me for the Schmooze award. Here is what it is all about:

“As it goes, schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”

I have made some super friends in the blogosphere. It is one of the things I most enjoy - and has kept me from being overwhelmingly lonely since we moved. I think I will pass it on to:

Karen who is not only my online friend, but a real life friend as well. She and I have been blogging buddies since the beginning, and I treasure her posts, emails, and the rare opportunities we have to get together.
Leslie who has been a longtime blogging buddy - who was instant messaging me when we were in Texas when my father-in-law was ill, and has emailed me through some crises in my life, and has waded her way through editing some of my mediocre writings.
And last but not least is Marsha, who left four comments on various posts on my blog last night. I always look forward to her sunny disposition, and friendly comments. Her posts about snot and potty habits in her life with three boys is side-splitting. She is a fellow Texan, and one of the sweetest, friendliest people I've met online.

In our little online community, schmoozing is an important characteristic! Happy Schmoozin'!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! What a relief! I had visions of brown-nosing or something going through my head. Glad it ended up being a "good" award! ;-)

    Oooo... and I even get my own "label"?! Now THAT is exciting!

    I'm so glad we're friends-- and we really need to meet up when it gets cooler. I am most definitely un-fun when it is hot.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥