30 August 2007

Better Than a Conference

I don't want to push - and I hate to sound like I am selling something, but listening to this CD is better than going to any "pump you up" Christian mega-conference that I have ever attended. The music is so relevent. Here is a little "sneak preview" with lots of song clips:

Some of the words from the first song, What This World Needs, make me want to get up and dance around. First an explanation of where the song comes from:
Galatians is the main basis for this song. False teachers were slipping in and adding tot he Gospel. Jesus + being good = The Believer's Life. Paul builds in a foundation for the Galatian people that it is by faith in Jesus that we are saved. Even today, we the church, are in danger of adding to the Gospel Jesus plus my denomination. Jesus plus our style of worship. Jesus plus good behavior. We must be careful not to strap ourselves to the Gospel.
The words to this song are amazing:
What this world needs is not another one hit wonder with an axe to grind - Another two bit politician peddling lies - Another three ring circus society - What this world needs is not another sign waving super saing that's better than you - Another ear pleasing candy man afraid of the truth - Another prophet in an Armani suit - What this word needs is a Savior who will rescue - A Spirit who will lead - A Father who will love them in their time of need - A Savior who will rescue - A Spirit who will lead - A Father who will love - That's what this world needs - What this world needs is for us to care more about the inside than the outside - Have we become so blind that we can't see - God's gotta change her heart before He changes her shirt - What this world needs is for us to stop hiding behind our relevance - Blending in so well that people can't see the difference - And it's the difference that sets the world free - Jesus is our Savior, that's what this world needs - Father's arms around you, that's what this world needs - That's what this world needs
My absolute favorite part is a voice over section where the voices of teenagers say these things that I have heard echoed in youth group meetings for years - and it is so precious to me that they used teenagers to be the voice here:
People aren't confused about by the Gospel - they're confused by us
Jesus is the only way to God - but we aren't the only way to Jesus
The world doesn't need my tie, my hoodie, my denomination or my translation of the Bible
They just need Jesus
We can be passionate about what we believe - but we can't strap ourselves to the Gospel
Because we are slowing it down
Jesus is going to save the world, but maybe the best thing we can do is just get out of the way!!


The first time I heard this voice-over part it made me cry. If this speaks to you - this whole CD will amaze you, and inspire you to live in relationship instead of religion. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this song. As a girl who can't stand "religiosness" but needs to up my "being Jesus to the world" attitude, this was just great!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥