30 August 2005

Please Pray - Layoff

My husband works in the construction industry - and the problem with building things is that eventually they are finished. The jobs he has been working on have been slowing down - and there wasn't work for him two days last week or yesterday. He worked a whole day today and was laid off at the end of the day. The problem is that his employer in order to keep him from being able to draw unemployment - found a "reason" to lay him off - and (how ironic?) several other guys on the same day. They also found a way to keep him from getting his pay for the past week. Long story short, we are going to be at the union hall tomorrow and see if we can get them to work things out. I think we could use prayer. He is expecting to get transferred to Texas soon - but in the meantime, we have to provide for our family.

I felt so terrible this evening when he came home - he looked so discouraged. He is a good husband - and he works hard to take care of us. I am so proud of him. He never complains - even though he never gets a sick day or a day off for fun. He works hard so that I can stay home with our children - and I am so thankful. Please pray that the Lord will provide. I am wondering where groceries will come from this week, and money for prescriptions for my asthmatic child. Also, my little guy has his 8th birthday in less than two weeks. It can be really exciting to be in this position - to see the hand of the Lord provide. He always does more than I could ever ask or imagine. Thank You Lord in advance for Your hand of provision!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥