16 August 2005

Quiet Time - Lessons From James

James 2 - (verse 13b) Mercy triumphs over judgment.
When I am being judgmental towards others, I need to remember that God chose mercy as the way of love in my life, and I need to chose the same with others.

James 3 - (verse 6b) (the tongue.....) is itself set on fire by hell.
Those times when I struggle to control my tongue I am allowing the fires of hell to rage through me, speaking destruction into the life of someone else, and doing a great deal of damage to myself.
(verse 9-12 have to be touched on) With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water frlow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! Help me Lord it hurts!

James 4 - (verse 17) anyone who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. Sins of omission - just a sinful as sins of comission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥