14 August 2005

Morning Maple Muffin Recipe

These are some of the best muffins I've ever tasted! I got them from fellow blogger JoysintheJourney, and she kindly gave me her permission to share it here! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Morning Maple Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter melted (1/2 stick)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sour cream
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp chopped nuts
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper cups. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir well. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just mixed. Fill muffins 2/3 full, add topping and bake 16-20 minutes, or until brown. Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the pan. Let muffins cool a bit before serving them. Recipe makes 16 muffins.

They are delicious on a cold winter's monring or in the summer with a cup of orange or raspberry tea! I enjoyed them with my friend Tina, on a stressful morning waiting for someone to come and look at my house! They were a sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥