19 August 2008

My Dear Friend Jack

I find it interesting that a young C.S. Lewis insisted on being called Jack. When I was younger and had inconsistent male role models in my life, I would go and spend summers with my grandmother and step-grandfather. He was one of my most positive "father figures". He would take time to talk to me, we would go and get ice cream together, and I never ceased to be able to put a smile on his face. He called me "Jack". It is another connection with this spiritual mentor who died seven years before I was even born.
I was looking back through some of my archives and was surprised to find quite a few posts either quoting or about C.S. Lewis. Here are some blasts from the past:

Demons, Devils and Ghouls - Oh My!
On the Screwtape Letters and Superstition

Prince Caspian Book and Movie
War rhetoric aside, I love the Narnia stories for their literary excellence

The Power of Love
This quote from A Grief Observed may belong in our discussion on The Four Loves




No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥