11 August 2008

Feeling a Wee Bit Better

After I picked up the girls at work, we all clashed as my mother-in-law would say, "big-time". The ride home was pretty miserable. Within minutes of being home one of them was in tears over a demanding customer that told her she needed to get some communication skills. The other one had gone into her closet, put her head down and fallen fast asleep. Then it dawned on me - we are all utterly exhausted. We were in the city until after midnight last night, stopped at Walmart on our way home, and stayed up until almost 3 am once we got home. In the last week and a half there has not been much if any down time. I gathered the girls up and put them in my dark bedroom on my soft cozy bed, covered them up and got them both to sleep for an hour. I wish I had a chance to do the same, but for now things seem a little less short-circuited. I took some pictures of them in my bed - they looked so cute and sweet - just like when they were little. I would suffer a painfully gruesome death if I posted them here, so you'll just have to imagine it.

1 comment:

  1. That makes alot of sense, being tired covers a lot of attitudes and behaviors.
    I can picture them sleeping, awwwwww.

    You are a great mom and they know it and will thank you for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥