08 September 2005

Dear God - A Little Boy's Prayer

Yesterday Kullen and I were talking about the hurricane. Even though he's only eight years old, he has absorbed a lot about what is going on. I tried to get him to dictate some sentences about it so he could write and draw about them, but everything he said to me was "I hope God ..." so I suggested we write a prayer. Here is what he came up with! It was just such a touching blessing to my heart that I had to share it. Then at the top of the paper (the whole thing wouldn't fit in my scanner) he drew a picture of people loading up a truck with food to help the people who survived the hurricane. I love his loving heart! To me this is the very most important part of homeschooling my kids - getting a chance to help shape their hearts into all that God wants them to be!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥