14 September 2005

Almost Heaven - West Virginia

We live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country. Recently I have taken to really looking around when I go somewhere - not just driving to get somewhere, but really "stopping to smell the flowers" so to speak, and taking in the gorgeous environment around me. We have mountains and rivers, as well as many varities of trees, flowers and birds. I can remember when I first came to West Virginia as a thirteen year old, and hearing the John Denver song on the radio "Almost heaven, West Virginia. Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River......." and I just didn't get it. Now, I do.

Fall is my favorite season here in West Virginia - and I was remembering a beautiful, crisp fall day when Kullen was about a year old. We had gone to the Pumpkin Patch - taken a hayride, picked pumpkins, drank apple cider, gone through the straw maze, heard a story about how pumpkins grow. Our homeschool group was so young - and it was just one of the best field trips I can ever remember having. In those days we had only one car and had a little time to kill before going to pick daddy up from work, so the kids and I stopped off at a little country park. We drank some of the cider that I bought, and ate our apples, threw leaves at each other, and I had my camera hand (as usual!) so I snapped some pictures of my three little blessings. Later I took the pictures and made one of my favorite scrapbook pages ever - here it is ...................... Happy Fall Y'all!!!!!

Much thanks to my mother-in-law for her creative bordering and cut outs on my scrapbook page!!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥