07 October 2008

Real LOL

In case you don't know what Flair is - it is a little button with quotes, pictures, icons from your favorite movie or band, kind of like the ones I used to wear covering my denim jacket in high school and they are part of an application on Facebook. Today I saw one that said "Fact: 90% of people who type LOL are not in fact, laughing out loud." How true is that?
I told my friend Tina not long ago that I wanted to hear and share real laughter - not just read LOL referring to the predominance of my cyber-life. This week I have spent quite a bit of time laughing with my family. We have told jokes, kicked back, laughed about old times and made some terrifically awesome new memories. I wish I had more time in West Virginia to stay with my friends - but I am so unbelievably grateful that I have had this chance to get to know my family and be crazy about them all over again! We played Apples to Apples tonight - and in the middle of all the laughing we are creating inside jokes that we'll tell for years to come, pick on each other, and roll on the floor laughing together. I don't think about the "c" word, biopsies, financial strains or anything else. All my burdens are lifted in the fun and companionship of their love.

4 comments:

  1. I think someone sent me that flair a couple of days ago- so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you are ROTFL?? I hope you get to LOL to your heart's content. hehehe & a real :)from Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I have really been soaking up your posts about being with your family and friends. They are therapeutic for me at this point and I want to express my gratitude. Thank you for sharing.

    Sending lots of love and prayers,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Julie.
    Again, you leave me envious!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥