14 October 2008

Good Friends Meet

I got to meet my buddy Stephanie and her awesome family tonight! It was so great. Her house felt like the home of an old friend. Dinner waiting for us when we got there, and sitting down to eat together seemed as natural as you could imagine. How nice to have a home cooked dinner in the midst of a very long road trip.
At the suggestion of her husband, we got a motel nearby. I was so tired when I got behind the wheel that I knew I wasn't going to be able to drive very far!
I am posting this picture in protest for all of our RCU friends. My four chins and greasy road-trip hair are not flattering at all - but for better or worse - this picture with my dear friend that is now not only an online friend but a friend IRL (in real life)! I just hope that we get to visit again very soon!
Love ya Stephanie - you are even more awesome (and cute!) than I could have expected!

11 comments:

  1. Ha!
    You are quick!
    I'm glad you decided to stay nearby for the night!

    I'm still taking it all in, it was so cool and so comfortable and so real.

    The kids already asked when we will see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool that you have another IRL friend from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to meet up with a bloggy friend! Nice way to break up a long road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look great! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful place to stop on your journey back home.

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey stop picking on yourself!

    You look great and even better than you should have after spending 9 hours on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Awesome!!

    Glad she was the real deal; I'm still not sure any of you "online people" are real, yet! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear that you two got to meet in person. I wish I could have been there too. Hopefully, at some point. :o)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun meeting with bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥