07 September 2008

He's Gone

My brother Rob left at 4:30 this morning. I already miss him. We had a really nice time not doing much of anything - just hanging out. We watched movies, played games, ate good food. It was a lot like when we were younger. Our relationship was one of the worst casualties of our parents' divorce. We were scarred individually by it - but also our relationship was forever changed. I am thankful for any opportunity to reconnect with my brother. This weekend was a true blessing.

While he was here he told us SO many jokes - the best of which I will be hearing from my kids for months to come is this: What do you get when you cross a brown chicken with a brown cow? (Insert the tune bow chicka bow bow) brownchicken, browncow

He also does a hilarious impression of Bill Clinton that'll make you roll on the floor.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you Julie, that you had this precious time with your brother. What a blessing. Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, good that you got to spend time with your brother. Family can be a challenge, a joy, a heartbreak, a disappointment or an encouragement. Having connected and discovered the good side of family and then saying goodbye, that's one of the definitions of melancholy.

    Here's hugs for the sadness and a smile that you had a good time.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to spend a few days together. It sounds like you both needed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed his visit so much!! Sounds like a good time was had.

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥