26 November 2008

No Cancer for Me!

I wasn't able to post about this until this minute - just getting home from my shift at Walmart that ended at midnight. I did take a minute to put my PJs on and make Travis' lunch first. We disconnected the internet services we had on our phones - so I wasn't able to post it via my mobile. Drumroll please.......
NO CANCER - or displaysia (precancerous cells)!
The most we are dealing with are some polyps and some peri-menopausal hormone issues! I can't even believe it. All my symptoms said otherwise. I have spent hours preparing myself to handle hearing the bad news. What facial expression would I have? Would I cry? How would I tell others?
This afternoon I took the kids roller skating with our friends that we usually do science with, and while we were there I got a phone call from my doctor's office to "reschedule" my 2 week follow-up appointment. I nearly fainted. I said they could reschedule, but there was no way I was waiting another possible week for my test results. A short time later the nurse was giving me this good news.
I still have the same symptoms, but there are some other treatments we will try. The best and most amazing news is that it isn't cancer.
I praise God, with this disclaimer - God's goodness is not based on my circumstances. I tend to view Him in light of them, but it is flawed. He would be just as good had this news been bad. But I am so very thankful........ thank you Lord.

19 comments:

  1. I am so very relieved for you.

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! PTL Hope the news makes your Thanksgiving even sweeter this year. :-)
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news. I'm glad they gave you the news before Thanksgiving. Hopefully your day will be a bit more relaxed and enjoyable now that you know the results. =)
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful News!! Rejoicing with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, God would be just as good if you had cancer. He would give you everything to carry you through. But Praise Him that you do not have to deal with that now! Praying your symptoms can be treated successfully and you get to feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,

    I am so very happy for you. Wow... what a relief.

    You will have an extra special Thanksgiving now.

    Love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already commented on Facebook but hey what's one more woohoo!!!

    I am so thankful for your good news, now we can go through peri menopause together, you read my list, right?

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahoo! so very happy for you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I love you Julie and I am rejoicing with you over this news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie - I am SO rejoicing with you! HAPPY DANCE!!! Yay God! What a wonderful Thanksgiving YOU get to hafe this year! May the healing continue, spilling into EVERY area of your life and family!!! Go get 'em God!

    Shalom, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is OK to thank and praise God when it is good news. He knows what you mean! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news! I am so thrilled for you! Knowing it's not cancer will make dealing with whatever treatments you have to have more bearable.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous news!!! Oh I know you must be relieved! I hope that you are able to get the symptoms worked out!

    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been blogging around much, but I'm celebrating with your NO CANCER! And, it looks like you got a job too. I've missed so much, but it all sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, Julie!!!!
    That is some good news indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥