14 November 2008

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap - Kielbasa and Cabbage

I have wanted to participate in the Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap since it started - but for one reason or another, I have not gotten to just yet. I can always use new recipes, especially ones that are frugal. So without any further adieu, here is my first entry.
Kielbasa and Cabbage
1-2 kielbasas or smoked sausages cut in 1" pieces
this depends on how many people you're feeding
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 - 1 head of cabbage, cut in hunks
garlic (optional)
In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil for a couple of minutes until onions are translucent. Add sausage pieces and cook until browned. Once the sausage is browned, add cabbage and stir through. Turn temperature down to simmer, and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes until cabbage has reached desired consistency. (I like my cabbage to have some texture and not slimy.)

For more recipes, check out this week's recipe swap.

2 comments:

  1. Cabbage will soon be in season and I was looking for recipes that my kids would like. They LOVE sausage so this will be a hit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! My mom used to make this & add other veggies we had--broccoli, carrots, potatoes. It's good with any of these but my favorite has always been the cabbage!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥