07 October 2005

Ravioli Soup

Yesterday my 12 year old daughter, Kaitlyn made an awesome dinner called "Pizza in a Pot" - from Fix it and Forget It - crock pot cookbook. It was very yummy! She also made a gourmet chocolate Hershey bar bundt cake! That thing should be illegal! I really like to cook and that is one thing I really hope I pass along to my daughters. Kendra doesn't seem quite as interested in cooking as Kaitlyn, although she can make a mean apple pie!!! I got inspired this week to make Ravioli soup because my friend Kathie was making it last week! It is for our dinner tonight - and it turned out so yummy I just had to share the recipe, so here goes:

Ravioli Soup

3/4 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
1 can beef broth
1 pkg cheese ravioli or tortellini - fresh or frozen
1 small zucchini - cut into small quartered slices
onion & garlic
1 can diced tomatoes

In 5 quart pot, cook meat; drain. Add tomatoes, broth, and 1 3/4 cup water - Bring to a boil - reduce heat. Stir in ravioli and cook according to package directions. Add zucchini and heat through. Season with pepper and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or mozzarella according to preference.

I made a double recipe of this - so I used both ground beef and Italian sausage - only one bag of small raviolis (and it is loaded). I added onion and fresh garlic with the meat as it cooked. I'll serve it with garlic bread. It is so yummy! I just wish it would turn into chilly fall soup weather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥