27 December 2008

New Year's Resolution - Live Free

I have been reading a couple of different blogs about New Year's resolutions. Each year I make some sort of statement regarding the futility of "resolutions" and the vague representation of time as we understand it. But in light of present circumstances, I am declaring 2009 the year to get free of some things that are weighing me down. I am not referring to excess poundage - which is a never-ending goal, but of the things in life that weigh me down. The expectations, definitions, implications, accusations - - I am in such hideous bondage to the chains I have allowed to bind me. It is exactly as the Message says, "a dark cloud".
With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ's being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.

No more dark cloud. I am ready to be free. Whatever it takes, no matter how hard, I am going to be free. I hear Braveheart inserting my name into that famous William Wallace quote - take a listen and in place of "Scotland" insert my name.... our yours if perchance you want to be free too!


Blank

8 comments:

  1. I can't hear your recording but this verse came to mind as I was reading your post:

    "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

    Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I support you 100%. I can only imagine how hard it is right now. I know I can't help from this far away, but know that I am praying for you.
    Love and hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen gave me a heads up,and I am praying too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so profound.

    I hope you take the chains off.

    It's a process to let go and get over the past and really free your heart and mind.

    I'm getting there and you will too.

    I don't think I've ever made a New Year resolution...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you all the best in the world with your resolution. Your posts are always profound and thoughtful.

    I hope whatever path you find yourself on for the New Year is full of peace and triumph.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, GO FOR IT, Julie!!!

    Freedom or die!!!!!!

    That's just how I feel about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've made a similar resolution.
    we'll hold each other accountable.

    per Pete's recommendation, i'm currently reading Ragamuffin Gospel. It's amazing and i think that it will be a manifesto of sorts for '09 on out.

    love!

    ReplyDelete

Awaiting your words......
♥ Juls ♥